Subject:
[OGD] Orchid species seeds
From:
"peter croezen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:06:20 -0500
To:
"OGD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Anyone,

I would like to purchase/ trade fresh & viable orchid species seeds
from all over the world.

I am also looking for links to WebPages offering such seeds for sale.

(I do know of Aaron Hick's OSP seed bank.)

Please contact me off list.

Peter Croezen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Folks should be aware that any international trade in orchid species seeds (such as Paph.rothshildianum or Phal.bellina) will require CITES and possibly even phyto certification (due to the 'any part thereof' CITES clause), which will render such transactions extremely expensive.

I am certain that Peter, as a frequent defender of CITES and proponent of what he believes to be conservation would never trade illegally in orchid species seeds (such as Paph.rothshildianum or Phal.bellina), but others should be made aware of this. I know that to those living in such countries as Canada, where the new paph. species are commonly commercially available, this may not be as apparent, but those of us living in countries where thay are still illegal are very aware of this.

Just a friendly reminder,

Chris Brevoort