Thank you to all who responded. I gather the best way to grow this species is
on a chain link fence in Santa Barbara, or climbing on a tree in Peru.
Failing these, I mounted it on a piece of tree fern with a bit of sphagnum moss. I
hope my plant room is not too warm. I investigated putting in a ventilator on a
thermostat, but I have to invest in a new sliding glass door instead.
Apparently it would have liked our last summer, but the one before that might
have killed it. If we have a hot dry summer, I will keep it indoors with my
Onc. crista-galli.
Iris
I am not fat. I need repotting.