> Can anyone advise if there's a product available in
> liquid form to combat (small) snails

Aahh.. the good old garlic snail. These were reeking a bit of havoc among
orchid growers earlier this year - they would gnaw away the root tips
causing the plant to not absorb enough water and the leaves on new growths
would turn yellow and fall off
There is a product I bought from Alan Merriman (Miriam Ann Orchids in
Glenbrook, Blue Mts) that I can't remember the name of. It was in liquid
form but I'm not sure how effective it is - not very from memeory as I
haven't used it for years. Some advocate repotting while ensuring there are
no snails remaining on the plant when you do. If you have a large collection
this is not practical.
Alan is the best person to talk to on this topic. His ph. no. (02) 4739 5141

There's also good info at
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/fact_sheets/fs_slug_snail.html

Cheers...Steve