Nobody wants to see the rainforests destroyed, but such banal and vague desires
won't accomplish much, especially if it stands in the way of economic
development for that country.

A country has every right to do what they please with their resources.
Including sell them, burn them, pave them, etc. They have every right to
destroy their resources to prop them selves up to our level of affluence and
despair.

Now, if we subsidize these countries not to employ these resources, we might
have something. Basically, we give them money not to cut down their own trees.
Or, we buy the rights to them entirely. Otherwise, we have no right to
complain. We have no claim to their resources. Other countries don't exist for
our satisfaction, comfort, security, affluence, or actualization, but for their
own.

Now, everyone who is about to make a complaint or voice an economic concern,
quiet yourself and give me your money. I'm taking a collection so we can buy
some trees, a tapir, and some grass.