Fair enough. However, Peter, I am not the originator of the unrecognized
sangii f. ayubiianum, and I do not mean to represent it as though I am, or
that it is infact correct or accepted. I know it isn't. But without a more
simple logos to explain it, I reprinted f. ayubiianum in hopes that others
who have specific experience with this unrecognized form may respond.
The fact that you looked it up and knew it wasn't correct should have
clued you in to this.

Peter> Latin
Peter> (or latinised) names are reserved for correctly-published scientific
Peter> names and should not be applied, willy-nilly, to horticultural
Peter> variants. It is easy enough to check if a Latin name has been
Peter> published; if it hasn't then you shouldn't be using it.  If you
Peter> really, really insist on adding an extra name to one of your plants in
Peter> order to distinguish it from others, then give it a cultivar name.

What I don't understand, among many things, is why I am being attacked
about this as though they are my plants, my personal naming, or my ego.
You've gone off the hook a bit over someone who asked a question.
Regarding incorrect Latin naming, I am well aware. You may or may not
recall a website I created organizing and explaining the nomenclature of
color forms, and the difference between varieties and forms.

As to the staminodes, I cannot confirm either are not hybrids as I have
only been sent an image of a picture.

ST