Looks like its high time to import some.

This should make for an interesting cup of tea at my local
orchid meeting!

ST

Stuart> Ok by googling i found at
Stuart> http://boards.cannabis.com/archive/index.php/t-8484.html
Stuart> Delta9
Stuart> Dec-22-2004, 21:50
Stuart> "Abstract- A memeber of the family Orchidacea, Oncidium cebolleta, is
used
Stuart> by the Tarahumara Indians of northern Mexico as a temporary replacement
for
Stuart> peyote. We have found it to contain the known compounds:
Stuart> 2,7-dihydroxy-3,4,6-trimethoxyphenanthrene;
Stuart> 2,7-dihydroxy-3,4,6-trimethoxy-9,10-dihydrophenanthrene;
Stuart> 2,3-dihydroxy-4,7,8-trimethoxyphenanthrene; and the new compounds:
Stuart> 2,7-dihydroxy-3,4-dimethoxyphenanthrene; and
Stuart> 2,7-dihydroxy-4,8-dimethoxyphenanthrene."

Stuart>
Stuart> ----

Stuart> Delta9
Stuart> Dec-22-2004, 22:02
Stuart> "The Tarahumara Indians of northern Mexico use a number of
hallucinogenic
Stuart> plants in religious ceremonies and were one of the first peoples to gain
Stuart> publicity for their used of Lophophora williamsii (peyote). Along with
other
Stuart> plants, one important tempory replacement for peyote among the
Tarahumara is
Stuart> Oncidium cebolleta. The whole green leaf is said to be consumed after
it is
Stuart> crushed in water. This member of the so called "rat-tail" of Oncidium
Stuart> orchids was one of the first introduced from the Carribean Islands into
Stuart> Europe for culture. It was reported that 'the natives use it
Stuart> externally...crushed with salt...wherein it has agreat reputation [in
Stuart> treatment] of serious contusions, bone fractures, and other diseases'"

Stuart>
Stuart> ----

>> Will someone please answer my question about Oncidium ceboletta and please
Stuart> have me stop wasting my time wading through all this other stuff?

>> > ethnological source and details of this practice?
>> >
>> > Bonaventure Magrys
>> > Cliffwood Beach, NJ
>> > USA zone 7

>> > End of Orchids Digest, Vol 7, Issue 133