Thank you, Peter.   There have been comments about those who don't
contribute orchid knowledge to this arena, and merely try to keep peace.  I
am one.   I mostly lurk, and try to learn from those who are more
experienced growers.  I am a hobby grower, I grow orchids because I love the
colors and delightful fragrance of the ones I bloom.  I know that there are
contributors who know much more about culture, PH, ppm, photons, and
everything else that you can obsess about when growing the little devils.  I
can contribute very little to those discussions.  But I love my flowers, and
I love learning more about how to grow them well, and about new discoveries
in the orchid world.  I dislike the petty arguments about how many angels
dance on the head of a pin.  It really makes no difference to the hundreds
of thousands of orchid growers like me, who just like the flowers.  I know
that it is important to know about the details of the anatomy and chemistry
of the plants, and it is good that someone out there finds pleasure and
satisfaction in discovering that information.  But arguments about who knows
more, and who's information is more valuable or more relevant are disruptive
to this list, and chase away some of the people who have information to
contribute.  Some of the arguments just don't make sense, and just don't
matter.

My 'get over it' post was a tongue in cheek effort to try to get the
arguments to stop, and the information to continue.  A lively discussion is
excellent.  A verbal brawl, including blows below the belt, is extremely bad
for everyone who is exposed to it.

li'l frog