on 3/29/05 4:56 PM, Bernard wrote:

> Can any of the subscribers help me with a  WWW. problem?  The problem is
> a Geocities (free hosted website) of our orchid society.  This site was
> made and posted by a former society member who has lost the access
> codes.  We want to eliminate this site from WWW since we cannot modify
> it and the information it contains is dated.  We have a new site up and
> running (for a fee) but a Google search lists it way down in the list.
> Is there some way to dump the old one?   My efforts have been
> unsuccessful.  I hope that this posting is not too Off-Topic for the
> purists.    Bernard C. Gerrard

Hello Bernard,
  Geocities is part of yahoo now I think. I believe that if you go to a
login page and type in your original email address (which is often your
account name) and there should be a checkbox somewhere nearby that you click
if you have forgotten your account name and/or password, you will be taken
to a page that asks you to type in your original email address, and possibly
allow you to change the password by having a temporary one sent to that
email address.
  If this doesn't work and there aren't any other ways get rid of the site,
then I believe that after a certain period of time that the site has not
been updated, they will send a notice to the site owner's email address that
it will soon be deleted; after a short period of time it will be deleted for
you.
good luck,
charles

--
Charles Ufford
Calen the Border Collie   CGC - now in Heaven