Colin,

A grade of diatomite from Australia (see, for example

http://www.maidenwelldiatomiteaustralia.com/aboutUs.htm)

has been touted over the last few years as a wonder medium for orchids. Aussie Gold appears to be a medium which includes Australian diatomite, developed in the San Diego, Californis area:

http://www.aussie-gold.com/

A picture of the mix shown on that web site looks like it has at least a couple of other ingredients.

I have no idea if it's any good. I suspect that it is the latest in a series of snake oil type products designed to enrich feather merchants at the expense of gullible orchid growers. There really is no panacea which will replace good cultural practice (and a bit of hard work).

Martin