>Peter Croezen's remarks on legal flasks left me so confused :

>In Singapore, the local authorities insists on CITES II certs together with
>Phyto when it comes to importing Appendix I flasks e.g. slipper orchids.
>Their belief is that when flasked up, CITES I will be down graded to CITES II.....

The confusion you and many feel was not meant to be, years ago all flasks were
taken off CITES.

However, some orchid people interpreted other CITES articles in such a way as
to claim  that App I flasks were an exception and still on CITES. It was also
explained by the same people, that Artificially propagated App I species, from
legally collected parents could then be downgraded to App II.

After the last CITES convention, (November 2004) this confusion was cleared up
by adding a small paragraph to the top of the CITES App I species list.

I will paste it in this post and also give you the CITES link to it. Please enlighten
your CITES people in Singapore!!!

>(For all of the following Appendix-I species, seedling or tissue cultures obtained in vitro,
>in solid or liquid media, transported in sterile containers are not subject to the provisions
>of the Convention)

App I flasks do not require CITES permits,  PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll nearly down to the bottom, past FLORA, to OCHIDACEA

For the curious, here are the orchids presently on the App I  species list:
Aerangis ellisii; Dendrobium cruentum; Laelia jongheana; Laelia lobata; Paphiopedilum spp.;
Peristeria elata; Phragmipedium spp.; Renathera imshootiana.