***********
What have been your successes and failures with North American terrestrials
?
How long have you been able to grow a North American terrestrial before it
died ?
Any species your would recommend that, properly grown, should last 'forever'
?

***********
Regards,

Viateur

I have been growing many of these for over 25 years. I have plants that have
been with me that whole time. Now I have around 30 different North American
terrestrials growing in beds and in flask. Add that number again of Asian
species not even going into hybrids.  Note I am still looking for seeds or
plants to grow on of others.
There is only a few that can be dropped into any bed and grow but most if
you are in the correct climate, give the proper light, and water conditions
you can grow.
Among the easiest is Cypripedium pubescens and kentuckiense if you have some
shade for others candidium in full sun and not to far south is very good.
Calopogon, many of the Platanthera and Goodyera pubescens are also good
choices if you can provide the water.
Wayne
Roberts Flower Supply
www.orchidmix.com