Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 9:13 AM
Subject: [OGD] "Potting up" / for every orchid ? -- with the right link

[thanks Ray (Barkalow) for pointing out the wrong link in the previous posting]

 From a press release :

"high quality, premium orchid growing medium and potting mix known as
POTTING UP...

POTTING UP is not just for orchids, but an excellent potting medium for all
types of plants, including all potted and tropical plants. Currently used
in universities, by horticulturists, scientists and nurseries...

lightweight growing medium...
provides the perfect growing culture for superior orchid growth and
development...
insures healthy orchids with strong root systems, beautiful leaf growth and
sustained flowering and budding capacity...
provides excellent aeration and micronutrients to the roots with just the
right amount of moisture retention that orchids require. Plus, it's kind to
the environment and 100% organic."

press release : http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/4/emw228888.htm

Well, such a wonderful mix... But, I am skeptical.
I have never seen, in 25 years, a growing mix that I would feel is
appropriate for both epiphytic and terrestrial orchids.

If you have been using that product, please comment.

Regards,

Viateur