Jerry Fischer, who wrote this long paragraph and a lot more:
>I posted the announcement of my purchase of the Flasks of Phrag. kovachii
>on this forum for several reasons. One was to see what the sentiments of
>the various writers are. I wanted to see how people reacted to the issue
>and to really open a debate about trade and whether governing bodies like
>Cites and the  signatory nations are absolutely needed or whether as Orchid
>enthusiasts (commercial or otherwise) we could come up with a voluntary
>code of ethics and create our own system that would ensure protection of
>species in habitat and the ability to trade artificially propagated species
>that are first raised and sold in range countries.............snip(this is too much)

Jerry, please explain how any  of the above fits your simple account of going to Peru,
meeting some  Arias ', purchasing Pk flasks, obtaining an INRENA document, carrying
the flasks back to the USA in a carry on bag.

>There were three extradition hearings held in Lima. None of the U.S.
>attorneys from the embassy showed up at any of them.

Probably true Jerry, except I would read "none showed up" as "none were invited."

Nothing is secret in Lima, believe me, I know!! Most of what I am telling you now comes to me
from a good number of Peruvian friends I have, who have known Manuel Arias Silva for all
of his 70 years.

Manuel Arias Silva is not only a man with great political powers in Peru government circles,
he is also a very likeable and charming man. I experienced it, having met him several times.
In addition to his charm, he is  a very clever fox, which he apparently has proven many times
in his long history as a ruthless collector of orchids.

What he did not tell you  is that  a few months ago he was arrested, in Lima by Interpol,
and thrown in a Lima jail. He was out in two weeks, which is less than 1/12th the time it takes for
innocent people to get out of a Lima jail.

Peru has decided, in the case of Manuel Arias Silva, not to honor the extradition treaty they
have with the USA. That does not surprise me at all!! They helped him escape from the USA,
by providing him with a new passport. Why would they now extradite him?