Unvented gas heaters biggest problem is ethylene not CO2 the better the combustion chamber the less ethylene generated. Here in FL our greenhouse can afford to be somewhat drafty but even still we lose flower quality when using unvented heaters.
If you have a tight house you will need to vent the heater for safety to plants and animals.
Paul LeBlanc
-----Original Message-----
From: ROY LEE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2005 12:26 AM
To: orchids@orchidguide.com
Subject: [OGD] LPG heating

Hello all, info please on using LPG glass house heaters that do not have a flue. Would there be too much CO2 produced and would thus have a negative effect on the plants?
I need to put some heating in and electricity is expensive and the only other option is bottled gas. Finding a suitable heater is also difficult.
Roy