I found Carlos Antonio Akselrud de Gouveia posting re Cattleya XVenosa very
interesting
>We have in  Rio de Janeiro C. xvenosa = C. forbesii x. C. harrisoniana,
>and you find  xvenosa very close to forbesii (only with some color
>difference) and xvenosa almost harrisoniana (some labelum difference),
>depending of how close they are of forbesii or harrisoniana population.
My question to Carlos is : Some plants sold as Cattleya forbesii that I have
seen have pink in the throat of the lip/labellum. In my opinion these are
not true C forbesii but rather linebred Cattley Venosa. What do you think?
Keep well and kind regards
Mike