Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:47:08 -0400
From: Charles Ufford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [OGD] peloric phal that changes flower types
To: <Orchids@orchidguide.com>
Cc: phals list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello all,
 I was taking some pictures of a few of my flowering plants tonight, and I
realized that one of my peloric phal equestris' that normally has sort of
funky peloric flowers that do have a functioning stigma, pollen and column,
now has about 75% flowers with normal column/pollinia, and 25% flowers that
were completely peloric. These new flowers truly had three lips with
complete pink coloration on the lip, and the column was a sort of
three-sided deal with no pollen or stigmatic surface. Normally the flowers
have two extra 'lips' that have a sort of muddled lip surface (some faint
pink but with white lines crossing the petal structure) and very small
side-nodes to the lip that have faint yellow and brown colors/spotting, and
the new flowers have full color, shape and all of the standard lip. My other
peloric equestris has always had one lip with 2 halfhearted attempts at
others (with no color or shape break), and has the column/stigmatic surface
and pollen. Coloration is faint on the peloric lips but not 'indecisive' as
to which form or color to express like the first one.
 Has anyone else ever seen a peloric phal that changes it's peloric
expression? I've heard others mention that they have seen pelorism expressed
on all flowers, and had no true column or pollen, or that they all did have
a true column and pollen, but not a mix.

thoughts, ideas?
charles