Michael,
Dendrobium falcorostrum is generally found around the 1000m mark along
eastern Australia, from the Barrington Tops region in central New South
Wales northwards just into south-eastern Queensland. I have seen it growing
in the wild in at least five locations.

It is a lover of the cool misty temperate montane forests in which it grows,
with these regions occasionally dusted with snow in winter. It resents high
temperatures coupled with low humidity, so ideally it likes to be kept in
cool to intermediate temperature ranges, with a drop in the evening temp.

I have found the best host to be treefern, large lumps of it actually, as a
healthy plant will develop quite an extensive root system. It prefers more
shade, shelter and water than the related D. kingianum and D. speciosum
complex and I water my plants year round, even in winter.

If you need more info, please contact me off list.

kind regards,
David Banks
(and a big thanks for those recent supportive emails)

David P. Banks (Hills District Orchids)
Editor "Australian Orchid Review"
www.australianorchidreview.com