Quoting "Aaron J. Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

        Here's a call for the Teeming Millions.

        I have a colleague who has a specimen of Grammangis spectabilis that is
about to flower. Given the scarcity of this species, he intends to self the
plant when it flowers. However, we agree that an outcross would be more
desirable- provided a sibling were available with which to fertilize the
flowers of his plant.

        Accordingly, if anyone has a plant of Grammangis spectabilis in flower
or
in bud, please contact me directly, and I will pass along the appropriate
information. I should think that he would also be willing to donate pollen
for an outcross, or possibly for storage in the event someone has a plant
that is flowering asynchronously.

        Given the rarity of this species, disseminating this information to
other
growers who might have a specimen would be in order. Feel free to repost
this request elsewhere.

        -AJHicks
        The Orchid Seedbank
        Chandler, AZ

Hello Aaron,

Let me check in the greenhouse tonight, but I believe that our plant is in
flower at the moment.

Exchange of pollen (when your friends plant is in flower) would certainly
interest us.

kind regards,

Kenneth.