Marc,

After I got off the computer I went and looked at my set of the Japan Orchid Growers Association's Register of Awards. Admittedly my set is incomplete (missing 7 issues) but I was able to locate one Laelia (Sophronitis or Hadrolaelia if you prefer) tenebrosa alba listed. However in looking at the photograph it just shows an aurea form. There are two types of aurea forms, one with the color of the lip the same as in the type, and then ones with pure white lips. There are clones that are green instead of yellow, but I would never call any of these alba.

icones
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Nolan Hachadourian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Orchids@orchidguide.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:02 AM
Subject: [OGD] Laelia tenebrosa var alba

Stuart-
   Yes there are true alba forms of Laelia tenebrosa. These are different
from the aurea form ( walton grange etc etc). they completely lack pigment
in the flowers. The plants are said to be weak growers at best -as you might
suspect- and the photographs that I have seen of these plants exhibit poor
flower form.
I believe that one is pictured in the JOGA awards annual-I will browse
through them and see if i can find what issue. The plants are quite rare in
cultivation and the people who posess them hold onto them tightly. I know
that plants exist within some brazilian collections.
Marc