Hi,

I wish to thank all that have e-mailed me privately providing me
with links and reference for the above.

Very special thanks to Mr Peter O'Byrne who was very kind in
providing me with a scan of the description and line drawing of
both V. coerulea and V. coerulescens from a book which
highlight some of the problems in identifying several Vanda
species.

I hope that this list and the its members will continue to be a
great resource for orchid growers whether commercial or
amateur like us.

Thanks again, very, very much to all.

Best regards and have a nice day.

Nik

On 12 Sep 2005 at 11:49, Nik Fahmi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have recently managed to flower a Vanda species given to me
> by a friend from Myanmar. The flowers looks a bit like V.
> coerulea but without any pattern on their whitish sepals/petals
> and have blue (purplish) coloured lip. Their sizes are also
> smaller than the V. coerulea that I have ever seen.
>
> I suspect that it might be a V. coerulescens but can't find any
> line drawings or descriptions of the species in my orchid book
> collection for a match. Our local library is hopeless for orchid books
> so I'm hoping a kind soul would be ever so kind to scan and e-mail me
> a copy.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Nik