>> As this is the rarest tree in the world why is it allowed to be exported.

> I believe those are seedlings. If the exporters had their CITES paperwork
in order, they could do so.

All trees have been grown from cuttings I believe.

And then there was this letter from last Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald:

"You can add to comments about Wollemi Pine marketing hype the fact that its
recent discovery is also a marketing fiction. You can assume that Aborigines
always knew about it - but Lithgow bushies have also always known about it,
calling it the chocolate crackle tree. There are several stands, not all
inaccessible.

If a tree grows in a forest without someone making money from it, does it
really exist?"

Cheers...Steve