Hi Mike,

Yes, I was interested in something more than just a How To Grow guide. Rik provided a useful link to his web page of book reviews http://www.riks.be, and Isobel la Croix's book on African Orchids may fit what I am looking for. It covers basic weather/terrain as well a species. As I've gotten older my tastes in orchids have changed and I find I'm developing a taste for Angrecoids. Come to find out they ain't all from Madagascar, so I wanted more info about other habitats. Sure I could go through the exercise of looking up old articles in the AOS Bulletin, but I hoped for a handy all in one reference. Any other suggestions?

Viateur has provided my motley resume, LOL!! Rather freaked me out that there was so much about me on the web. I'll have to work on my cloaking device, LOL!!

K Barrett
N Calif, USA

I always say that you cannot grow orchids from books so I presume that you
want books on information about African orchids and not just specifically
how to grow them.
In my collection I have books on orchids from South Africa, Zambia, Malawi,
Kenya, Madagascar/Comoros, Nigeria and both Tropical East Africa and
Tropical WEst Africa. Whether they are all still in print I do not know but
if you want details e-mail me privately.
Keep well and kind regards
Mike O'Connor
South Africa
PS What does the "K" stand for?