This is an interesting cross. I have the clone 'Little Beauty', AM/OSROC. Parents are Lc. Orglade's Glow (Angelwalker x L. briegeri) x Janet. The Orglade's Glow is hardly in evidence. I don't see L. briegeri, except partly in the plant habit, and the fancy pattern on the petals. Angel looks essentially like an improved Janet.
It may be one of those plants that do better without a greenhouse than in one. When I bought it a year ago, the vendor warned me that it had a reputation for weak stems, and the flowers in that batch were all leaning heavily on stakes. Now it is in bloom again, but the peduncle & pedicel are as stiff as a poker. I only hope that as it matures, it produces more & larger flowers. The AOS award record for a different clone is two flowers, 6.5 cm.
On the other hand, I haven't been able to grow any Sc. Petite Pride crosses up to now. The flower stems on all of them were pathetic. I am trying Petite Elf (x Jungle Elf), but it hasn't bloomed yet.
One of the grandparents of C. Angelwalker is C. Obrieniana. The cultivated hybrid suddenly appeared in a Victorian greenhouse and was registered in 1890 as C. dolosa x loddigesii, by that indefatigable nurseryman Hort. Hort. also proclaimed that it was a natural hybrid. It is listed as C. xobrieniana in MBG W3Tropicos. IPNI (based on the same entry) calls it a species and says it equals C. intermedia. RHS is taking no chances & lists it as a natural hybrid with no further details (as well as the cultivated cross "registered" by Hort.).
Does anyone have any further information on this?
Iris