My peloric Phal. equestris is in bloom, with most of my questions still unanswered. I have had it since February, & it is still a young plant. It should have about 60 flowers, but this blooming is only 10. How old does it have to be before it puts on a big show? I am following Charles Ufford's instructions, growing it in a clay pot like a Cattleya. Any other suggestions?
This is the most elaborate concoction you can imagine, with intricately lip-like petals. Some peloric Phals are ugly, but this one is cute. Don't ask me why.
I gather from Christenson's book that it is easy to breed peloric Phals. Does anyone have any experience with this? If I crossed a peloric Phal with a harlequin, would they explode?
Iris