Hi all,

I've been having trouble with my young cattleya seedlings (only 1-4
months out of flask) getting ravaged by some tiny little bug that looks
like a little black dot off a newsprint.  I haven't got a 'scope at home
so that's the best I can do.  When I wipe them off with my finger, they
feel gritty, so they've got some substance to them.  The damage to the
leaf is silvery and pitted, and often leads to the death of the leaf if
not the seedling.  I've tried a number of things, but can't seem to
discourage or kill them.  I would really appreciate some suggestions as
they've just about wiped out my compots.

Looking over my plants in horror,
Julia