Leo said:

"NOBODY selling legal CITES App A species is distributing copies of
the actual CITES documents. The reason is that to do so would invite
the creative use of white out and a Xerox to create dummy documents.
What the USFWS requires simply is the SALES
RECEIPT indicating the person whom the plant was purchased from and
that the plant was purchased inside the USA. "

So please tell me, what is to stop me buying a "legal" flask or plant,
then photocopying the sales receipt & passing it on to my friends,
thus legitimising their illegal plants ? If a complete paper-trail is
needed, I'll generate one by making out a second sales-receipt,
stating that I sold my legal plant to my friend.

BTW ... when my original "legal" plant produces side-shoots and I sell
them/ swap them/ give them away, what do I do with the original
receipt ? Tear it up into the correct number of pieces and give one
piece away with each plant ?

You're making it too easy. Like I said before .... expect 18 months
and some phenomenal growth-rates.

Cheers,

Peter O'Byrne
in Singapor