A while ago I purchased Coelogyne speciosa x affine and Coelogyne speciosa x affine as two obviously different plants as the leaves were completely different One has been identified as Coel.gibbifera and the other as Coel.naja by experts in the field of coelogynes. I was intrigued by the word ' affine ' and have discovered that it it is Greek or Latin and means affiliated to, similar to, approximating to or some such phrase.
It seems to me that collectors thought it was similar to Coelogyne speciosa and named it so . Perhaps this happened to the Paph gratrixianum x affine.
Just a thought. Regards