It's amazing where imidacloprid shows up, Merit is not the name I am familiar with, I originally started using it as NTN but now the Turf and Ornamental labeling is Marathon. I was looking at an ad one time for the new (at the time) systemic flea killer for dogs and guess what? there it was again. It is also quite popular with farmers under a different name (maybe that's where the Merit name is used)
Paul and Diane LeBlanc
Species Orchids
http://www.bluemoonexotics.com