Hi Charles,
      I just read your note about chlorine bothering your orchids. I used to live in Las Vegas and their water has so much chlorine it would actually make your eyes water right from the faucet. However it never seemed to bother my Phals. The excess calcium in the water was really nasty though.

    Chlorine is a gas and dissipates from the water very quickly. If you are putting it in a barrel to heat it up I think just adding a small aquarium air pump with a bubble stone will clear the chlorine from the water very quickly. I am not a chemist so this is just a laymans two cents worth. I do grow many phals and chlorine has never been a problem.

   Another suggestion is one of the inline water filters you can buy from Lowes or Home Depot or someplace similar. They have some that are just a charcoal filter which should remove the chlorine very nicely. Either of these suggestions is much cheaper than an RO system. Also remember with an RO system you will need to add back all of the minerals that you have removed.

Have a great day,

Mike