Oliver,

Pteroceras semiteretifolium shouldn't normally be confused with
Gastrochilus. Although both have a deeply saccate lip, Pteroceras
semiteretifolium has erect sidelobes that are like large oblong flaps
stuck onto the sides of the sac, and it lacks a distinct midlobe.
Gastrochilus always has a distinct midlobe (even if it is much-reduced
in some species) and the sidelobes are little more than a step or
notch on the side-margins of the sac.

Cheers,

Peter O'Byrne
in Singapore