Just a note to Peter & our other overseas friends who are wondering why the US calmly allows Bush to go on his merry way.
Well, we are a civilized country & we are not about to send a carbomb to the White House. However, the polls (a major American institution) show that Bush's approval rating is plummeting into the basement. The main reason he has not been impeached is because that would make Dick Cheney president. ;-) The average American does not see him as a war criminal, but as an incompetent nincompoop. All the newspaper cartoons I've seen and all but one of the comic strips are blatantly anti-Bush. Even the moderate Republicans are beginning to disagree with him.
We have a major Congressional election coming up this fall. The oracles are predicting that the Senate, which is almost evenly divided, will go Democratic. The House is an enigma. The Republicans would have to lose, I think, 35 seats in order for the Democrats to have a majority. Nobody knows what will happen. Unfortunately, the Democratic party is very lackluster these days. Many of the elections will be determined by local personalities.
Back to orchids. Tolu. Charlotte Ray, Masd. tuerckheimii, Paph. Red Maude, and Mcm. bicolor are in bloom.
Iris