Harvey,

Was  that  whole thing one long sentence? Choosing to be homosexual...
funny  you should mention that to the orchid community. I think you're
probably preaching to the choir.

Regarding  taxes...  here  is  a  crazy  idea:  Don't  depend on other
people's  taxes for your income. I know if you're already there, it is
late in the game, but this sort of thing should be phased out.

Regarding  illegals,  this  is a question of economics, not wages. The
wage  isn't  low because it was set that way. Pay wages are a function
of  supply  and  demand.  It  is  so low because the supply of illegal
immigrant  work  is  so  plentiful.  The  current  rate  is the market
equilibrium.  I laugh when I see homeless people begging, because they
are  scamming  you. They could get a job at any construction yard, and
they  are  more  than  overqualified  compared to their illiterate and
illegal  competition.  But  who needs to work when you can make $400 a
day  sitting at an intersection. Does anyone realize that our homeless
have a greater income than most of the world?

Regarding Christian hypocricy in America, they aren't Christians, they
just  go  to church. I really haven't met that many Christians so far,
but we should probably not continue this line of discussion in OGD.

ST

Harvey> Well, I'm surprised no one has suggested the obvious: more people
"choosing"
Harvey> to be homosexual.  If fewer people waited until after they had kids
(like I
Harvey> did)to come out or skipped having the kids
Harvey> altogether, there would be fewer
Harvey> kids, right?  But one little economic problem with having low
birthrates,
Harvey> Who pays the taxes to support us in our old age?  Oh, I forgot, that's
where
Harvey> the legal and illegal immigrants come in.  But let's not forget to pay
them
Harvey> wages so low no one else will take those jobs so we can consume even
more,
Harvey> not neglecting to label ourselves Christian in the process (never mind
what
Harvey> Christ himself had to say on the subject).

Harvey> Harv
Harvey> Sunny San Bernardino
Harvey> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Harvey> the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)