Does anyone know what the chemical is in "PH up".  I am sure that the container costs the manufacturer more than the contents, even in the larger sizes.  I am pushing up the PH of my fertilizer solution that I use to water plants growing in my 3 parts perlite to 2 parts peat mix.  The mix has been running at PH 5.2 and under (first 1/2 cu in of runoff), and when I adjust my fertilizer solution to close to 9, the first run off while fertilizing is about 6.5.  Will be near a chem supply house in the next couple of days, and will pick up what ever chemical I need.  Cynthia, Prescott, AZ