I thought about what Andy Easton said about colorblindness and judging. I
suppose those judges can be accomidated because the judging point system gives
a lesser point value to color as opposed to form. The corrilary(sic) could be
made for an elderly judge who has glaucoma and needs to feel the flower to
assess the form and who is very good at judging color.
   I think that the allowances for AOS judges for disabilities is just an
outcome of the American Disabilities Act as well as our Judging population is
aging.
   As for AOS Judges passing up flowers, you just have to get to a "floriferous"
judging center like Orlando, or South Florida where the judges get excited and
are enthusiastic :-)
 Just my $0.02
NancyB.