Hello all,
I've been lurking & scanning quickly lately. I skimmed most of the colorblind
stuff
'cause my husband & brother are both red/green challenged as are many men in my
family.
What got me to reply is the person that said they talked to some AOS judges &
was
stating- as fact- that  a judge needs a written excuse from an eye doctor. THAT
IS
bunk!
The 11th edition of the AOS 'Handbook on Judging and Exhibition' tsates in
section
4.2.1.2 Qualifications #3  "Pass a color-perception screening test as
prescribed by the
AOS before their applications are acted upon by the judging center commitee."
It is a
standardized book of colored dots that every center has & is supposed to use on
an
applicant for the student position. If you don't pass this test you are not
supposed to
be accepted.
Back to lurking & painting,
Kathy in MN   An AOS judge