This was supposedly the second hottest summer in memory. Almost all my orchids go outside for the summer. They have to be able to take our average summer climate. Stelis maxima was doing well under lights, but dropped dead outdoors. Two Phals succumbed to the heat on the sunporch.
On the other hand, Restrepia brachypus, a silly little thing I got off the raffle table, does not know it is supposed to be a cool grower from higher elevations. It has been blooming one little bug at a time all summer, & recently started a new leaf. It is in the shade, in moss in a plastic basket.
Iris