"K Barrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spaketh thusly:

>Take heart.  Troy Meyers flasks species orchids for very little
>cost, he does it as a labor of love and an attempt to conserve these
>species.  Aaron Hicks started the Seedbank Project with the same
>idea.  I doubt they make a damn dime on their efforts, but they're
>doing something they like.  Priceless!

         Well, I can't speak for Troy (whose operation had five
people working there, last I checked), but I've been full-time on the
Seedbank since March of this year. Ever since Countryside Orchids
closed down, best as I know I'm the only person working full-time as
an orchid retailer in the Rocky Mountain states. I also have more
orchids in culture than anyone else in that territory, AFAIK. Now I'm
to the point where I list flasks for sale on the web. Of course,
that's taken "only" 8-1/2 years.

         The best way to end up with a million bucks in the orchid
biz? Start with TWO million.

         Cheers,

         -AJHicks
         Chandler, AZ