1) The plant was named in honour of Pierre Edmond Boissier, a Swiss botanist and traveler.  Thus the correct name is Phragmipedium boissierianum.
2) The "i" behind the "r" was rejected for some time, but that rule was revoked five years later  (at the next botanical congress) (But that is a long time ago)
3) Reichenbach uses the correct name "boissierianum" in Bonplandia as well as in the Xenia (I checked both), as Bossier was a personal acquaintance of HGR, I would have been surprised to see it otherwise. However, even if it would have been misspelled, this is a case where the code provides for corrections.
4) Cash is certainly not the place to check for correct names.

--
Prof. Dr. Guido J. Braem
Naunheimer Str. 17