Hey lady, it was nice to have met you, in person.
I'm pretty sure it is fungus gnats, but, I don't know the genus of the insect.
Some really good work is being done on Lepanthes polinators & small
Epidrendrums with
mosquitoes & gnats. If you grow them outside in the summer like I do, gnats go
for the
Pleuorthallids & MOSQUITOS GO FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN SINK THEIR PROBOSCUS
INTO!!! Alot of my South American mini plants have capsules started as I am
bringing
them inside now.

Anyone want to comment on the eficacy/difference of Mosquitoes/Gnats anywhere
in the
world?
If you walk in your yard or another part of the world, they are very present,
in certain
seasons & polinate many things...
Kathy in MN