I love these. Just solved one in the bonsai department.
I just bought a piece of something labeled Phrag. longifolium var. gracile. Now longifolium is a standard sized plant. This one is apparently a dwarf. Vegetatively, it looks like pearcei. Seller claims it never gets any bigger. The flower stem is a foot high & the flowers resemble pearcei (I've never seen them). According to the checklist, there has been a var. gracile ever since it was a Cypripedium, but it is not presently accepted. It is just longifolium. Anybody know anything about it?
Iris