This is fascinating, as it would make Orchids completely different from every other plant grown commercially.

All studies I have ever read show that CO2 is rate limiting for Photosynthesis and if you increase the CO2 you can increase the rate or photosynthesis and the growth of the plants. Even aquarium enthusiasts use supplemental CO2 to stimulate their plant growth.

I will admit I have not read much in this area in the last 20 years, and I really don't care, if CO2 increases the growth of my plants, then I am happy. It will not cost me much money and just a little time to see what happens.

Tom Hillson