Hello -
Perhaps someone as a theory about this: My Clowesetum
is just beginning to bloom.
It is a cross between Clowesia warczswiczii x Ctsm.
expansum. According to any information I've been able
to unearth, the Clowesia is fall-blooming, and the
Catasetum usually flowers in Spring/Summer.
Well, since it is flowering right now (winter,
certainly), I am stumped as to how to 'guess' when
other crosses in this group of Catasetinae might
flower.
Can anyone point me towards a reference, or offer a
speculation as to how these things work?
It is a quite beautiful flower, in any case.
Regards - Nancy
p.s. then again, Cyc. warczswiczii is allegedly
fall-blooming, but insists on flowering each
February...

"Woman was GodÂ’s second mistake."
     ---Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal."