I guess I know what is happening with George as well as anyone..since he used
to hate me and now we are friends..and his ex partner Dave Hunt keeps me
abreast..George has been screwed..as anyone, by now, must know...We all thought
he was free and clear..since most of the stuff he was nailed for was bought and
paid for from shows..like Miami..and the feds amassed all of those along with
what was the plants he got caught for...it is high time all this BS came to an
end..they use guys like George..who used to be an enemy, for an crummy
example...the plants he was accused of bringing in were legal by the time he
was brought to trial..all Phrags..now I have no love for folks cheating..I
never have..but have been offered to many times..like I always said..not with a
ten foot pole....and so have never been accused..and rightfully
so..but.........fair is fair....George is being screwed to be a sign for
others...and that is not fair..He IS basically a good enough guy...tought to
deal with..but fair...he has been through hell and that is not what this should
be all about...come on folks..these are plants..not drugs..though sometimes I
wonder...All he ever did was advise to send through Miami because they were
less stringent..and by the way..Manuel Arias Silva is an old friend and the
first to off er plants to the us...and only to me..and before CITES...so I
aught to know...If he had stayed with me none of this would ever have
happened..He is a good and honest guy..a college professor..and as decent as
they come..and for all of this to have happened to the GOOD guys offends
me...It is a sign of overwhelmingbeaurocratism
who needs it?  Use good sense,,,When I collected Phrags in Peru they were so
prevalent that no one could ever own them all..I collected a few..the rest
would easily maintain the rest...and so it goes..good thinking goes a long
way..and Manuel knew all that..and so did Lee Moore..The more dumb people get
into all this..the more problems..Sorry to rant on this way..It is just that I
WAS there..for monthes at a time..and KNOW..what I am talking about..SORRY for
the dumb ones who do not...I will ridicule you..so do not respond...I was
there..you were not..those days are gone..sorry to say...and I WILL die a happy
man for what I accomplished for the rest of you..kindly throw flowers on my
grave..when my time comes..because most of you benifited..Bill Bergstrom