Why are you bitching about the AOS on this list, do you think most
people in the AOS pay attention to this list? Some do but are they
the right people to make changes? If you really want to see changes
in the AOS, pay your dues and get involved. Change can only happen if
people care enough to get involved and tell the people in charge that
you are not happy with the organization. They are spending money in
the wrong places and here is what you would like to see for your
dues. If they do not make changes after you have made the effort to
get them to change, then you can quit and complain. If you are just
sitting in the weeds expecting someone else to step up and make the
changes for you, it will not happen, or the changes that happen will
be exactly what you are opposed to!

I have been a member of the AOS for over thirty years, due to the
efforts of a friend I am getting involved trying to do some things
and get involved with the AOS. I am not that active as I do not have
that much time. I hope I can become more involved as time goes on. I
hope that my efforts are appreciated and I can earn a voice that will
be recognized and listened to. If you are sitting on the outside
throwing stones you will not create any change, except they will
classify you as a trouble maker and ignore you.

If you do not think you can make a change, you will not make any
change. A favorite saying of mine is from my grandfather, who always
said "you only get change if you put in your two cents".

--Tom