Hi,

I've been away from orchids for quite some time now. Presently I'm
living in Knoxville, TN and want to begin growing a few orchids
again. (Far cry from the 250 orchids I was raising a year ago while
living in Costa Rica.)

The place in my house where I would grow them has windows on the south
and west sides. During the winter the room is cool but not cold.

I would put the plants outside during late spring and summer and keep
them inside for the rest of the year. It can get very hot here during
the summer and I do, of course, have the option of keeping them inside
all year.

I have two questions:

1. what might be good orchids to grow under the
conditions I described above, and

2. what are a few good sources for
buying orchids by mail, places with good quality and reasonable prices?

Thanks so much for any help.

Martin Rice

Martin
Website & Blog: <http://www.rice-family.org>