Hi,
On the side, I am making a study of Criocerine leaf beetles that feed on
orchids. Aside from the better known Australian Dendrobium beetle -
Stethopachys; the SE Asian "orchid Lema", Lema pectoralis; and the Lema species
that I am studying here in South Africa (Lema cf. jolofa); it appears that
there is a species that feeds on Vanilla, and this has been mentioned in the
book: BOURIQUET, G. (1954). Le vanillier et la vanille dans le monde; origine,
caryologie, morphologie et histologie, syste matique, e cologie, microflore des
sols de vanilleraies, multiplication, cultures, maladies et ennemis,
technologie, chimie, alte rations, fraudes, vanillisme, conditionnement,
commerce. Encyclope die biologique, 46. Paris, Editions P. Lechevalier.
I have already nagged some of the list members about this privately, so far
unfortunately without any success.
If anyone has the book, or access to it, I would deeply appreciate a scan of
the page(s) concerning Bradylema grandis (from page 489).
Thanks,
greig russell
"Valhalla", Osborne Lane,
7975 KOMMETJIE,