"greig russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spaketh thusly:

>On the side, I am making a study of Criocerine leaf beetles that
>feed on orchids. Aside from the better known Australian Dendrobium
>beetle - Stethopachys; the SE Asian "orchid Lema", Lema pectoralis;
>and the Lema species that I am studying here in South Africa (Lema
>cf. jolofa); it appears that there is a species that feeds on
>Vanilla, and this has been mentioned in the book: BOURIQUET, G.
>(1954). Le vanillier et la vanille dans le monde; origine,
>caryologie, morphologie et histologie, syste matique, e cologie,
>microflore des sols de vanilleraies, multiplication, cultures,
>maladies et ennemis, technologie, chimie, alte rations, fraudes,
>vanillisme, conditionnement, commerce. Encyclope die biologique, 46.
>Paris, Editions P. Lechevalier.
>I have already nagged some of the list members about this privately,
>so far unfortunately without any success.
>If anyone has the book, or access to it, I would deeply appreciate a
>scan of the page(s) concerning Bradylema grandis (from page 489).

         Not that I have access to the book, but there's an excellent
reference on the web to see if you have a copy in a nearby library
(none are listed for .za- sorry again, Greig).
www.worldcatlibraries.org will allow one to search for a given title
(author, book, or periodical) and based on your IP address show you
the nearest libraries in the system that have what you're looking for.

         Remarkably useful.

         Cheers,

         -AJHicks
         Chandler, AZ