"Chris Rehmann... serves as the vice president of the American Orchid
Society...

... the Orchid Society has noticed a significant drop off in membership in
recent years.

"We're trying to reinvent the Orchid Society...become a little more
Internet friendly," Rehmann said. "We want to set up a Web site where you
can go for specific information and advice on how to grow orchids."

With membership down to 18,000 from 30,000 just two year ago, Rehmann will
be involved in the process of hiring a new chief operating officer for the
society.

"We had to take an active role to stop that. But it's happening with other
societies. They are all having problems. But it's something I think we can
stop," Rehmann said."

article URL :

http://www.thehammontonnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/LIFESTYLE/702280302/1024

Regards,