I remember producing some haploid plants from Tobacco anthers 30
years ago when I worked in a research lab. Tobacco is one of the
wonder plants for plant tissue culture you can do almost anything
with it and lots of the original tissue culture techniques were
developed using Nicotiana tabacum var Wisconsin 38. Why this variety
of tobacco, who knows how it was picked, but it was the variety used
in Folke Skoog's Lab at the University of Wisconsin, where we got
Murashige and Skoog medium, the first really successful tissue
culture medium for plants. Techniques were later developed to create
haploid plants for almost all major crop plants.

It would be interesting to have some haploid orchids would be, in
plant breeding haploids are used as a rapid way to produce homozygous
hybrid plant lines with selected characteristics. Researchers have
produced haploid plants in all most all major crop plants they are
then converted to diploid plants before they are used in breeding.
Companies dealing in breeding most cereal crops. maintain thousands
of homozygous lines and create new ones all the time. These
homozygous lines are then crossed to produce the many hybrids raised
by farmers around the world. If you want more information, do a
google search for haploid or haploid in plant breeding.

If we could produce haploid orchids easily, it would be interesting
with species to be able to produce haploid orchids with specific
unique characteristics that are rare in a species. Imagine selecting
an albino Paphiopedilum sanderianum, or any orchid that had some
unique recessive characteristic. If you could produce haploids it
would be a matter of creating thousands of them, changing them to
diploid using colchicine and then raising them up and selecting the
ones you wanted. Like many other breeding projects most of them would
be mediocre, but the few could be exceptional an homozygous for what
every characteristics we were selecting for.  It would be interesting
to see how these plants could be incorporated in to various breeding
programs and the interesting new hybrids that could be produced.

This is fun to speculate about but I don't know if it will ever happen.

Tom Hillson