Hi Lee--

I have some travel experience in those areas from years gone by, but not
specifically orchid related.  I can check around for some contacts if you
like.  Personally, I wouldn't do it these days with all of the problems
along the border ... radical religious extremists ... radical seperationists
... continued drug wars ... prolonged martial law.  Be sure you have a known
reputable guide in any case, even if you don't need them ... also read the
travel advisories posted by the local US embassies in Thailand and Malaysia
both.

Regards/Roger, in Bangkok

Greetings 'OGDers',
 I'm planning travel to Malaysia in July. Do you have experience with
orchid travels in either East or West Malaysia or neighboring southern
Thailand? Botanical gardens with orchids, private or public collections
...of special interest would be places where the orchids might be found
blooming in July, perhaps destinations requiring short treks off the beaten
path. We have an abiding respect for orchids and wish only to experience and
photograph the orchids in situ where possible. Perhaps we might inspire more
interest or efforts for conservation.
*"Terima kasih" *(Thank you)
Lee

Lee Bredeson